POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles - [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: jpg version Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpg version
From: IMBJR
Date: 5 Mar 2004 18:26:42
Message: <p63i40lg0jn2qa2jaog4e4l8tbdfq222sq@4ax.com>
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 00:18:16 +0100, "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>> It was shared in the format I intended it to
>> be shared in. If people cannot see it, fine.
>> Those who can, fine. I am merely attempting
>> to move on in image format technologies. We
>> cannot merely sit still.
>
>That's what you can do on a personal website. But when you post on a
>privately owned news server you are expected to follow the guidelines
>set by the owner.
>
>>> Please note that you broke etiquette of
>>> these groups by posting in a not widely
>>> supported format for no benefit whatsoever.
>>> Your claim about
>>
>> Yawn. Here we go. Show me exactly where it
>> says I cannot do this and I will not.
>
>Well, right there in Thorsten's post if nowhere else.
>
>> Otherwise, you are merely projecting you own
>> desires as to how one should "behave".
>
>Thorsten is a member of the POV-Team and thus have full authority to act
>on behalf of the owner of this news server. He have just wrote to you
>that you "cannot do this" and so you need to look no further where it is
>written. Convenient, isn't it?

Fine. If you all want to sit still. So be it. Substandard JPEG it is.

By the way, is it my imagination or is there more format leeway on the
animation gorup - or is that because there's less formats for
animation?

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com